In August of 1981, a small group of about twenty people were meeting together to learn more about the Bible. God began to bless and that small group began to grow. So much so that the room that was being used to meet in was no longer big enough. As the group grew in numbers, they also grew in spiritual maturity with a passion to reach others for Christ.
It was then we knew that God was leading us to become a church that would bring honor to Him, and reach out into the community.
There, New Dawn Church was born, and with it a dream. A dream to one day have our own home to be able to worship and bring others that they may experience the love of Jesus.
Many years have passed and we have had many homes, in which many lives have been changed. From a little blue room, to a shopping center. From elementary schools to high schools, until finally reaching the place where God would build our dream.
Our passion to see God move in the lives of our people and our community is more fervent than ever before, and we are confident that God will use New Dawn Church in a powerful way to impact our world for Him.
1. That the Bible was given and inspired by God.
2. That there is only one true God. He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He is eternal, all powerful and all knowing. He has a triune nature (the Trinity): the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is God, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died on the cross to pay man's debt of sin.
4. That the Holy Spirit is God, and comes to live in the heart of a person the moment they put their faith in Jesus.
5. That Jesus rose from the dead on the third day.
6. That every man and woman are born sinners and are separated from God.
7. That salvation is by faith through grace in Jesus Christ alone.
8. That once a person receives Christ as their Savior, they are eternally secure, and cannot lose their salvation.
9. That the church of Jesus Christ is an independent body of baptized believers which was founded by Jesus himself.
10. That Jesus left two ordinances for His church: Baptism and The Lord's Supper.
11. That we have and enemy named Satan, that wages war against God and His children.